In a complicated business environment, companies in every industry face potential litigation from the enforcement of employment regulations, perceived harassment from employees, and many other areas. It is vital to have access to coverage and expert loss control services that can help mitigate the impact on your business. Learn more about EPLI coverage built for law firms!
Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Claims involving employment issues comprise a significant amount of today’s civil litigation. No organization is immune to employment practices liability litigation, least of all law firms. The Boston Bar Association Insurance Program is excited to bring to law firms coverage designed just for you with Berkley Select.
Berkley offers comprehensive EPLI insurance coverage that offers industry-leading coverages and risk management services for small, midsize, and large firms.
- Program designed for firms of all sizes with coverage focused on your firm
- Limits of liability up to $5 million and as low as $250,000
- Policyholders receive complimentary loss prevention tools that include a hotline for providing workplace issue consultations and a dedicated website containing articles, sample documents, and other key resources.
- Duty to Defend policy language
- Full prior acts coverage
- Third party liability coverage for claims brought by nonemployees for harassment or discrimination
- Coverage for failure to make partner
- Automatic coverage for subsidiaries
- Modified settlement clause
- Damages include punitive or exemplary damages up to the limit of liability, where insurable
- Broadened definition of claim to include tolling agreements
- Coverage extends to any nonprofit controlled by the entity
For more information about protecting your business, call 1-855-USI-0100 or email us at LPLCoverage@usi.com
Request an EPLI quote